Skip to main content

Coffee Intravenous Renders

For this mash-up, I imported my previous Coffee Intravenous model from Meshmixer and began to work on it within Rhino 6. It was quite refreshing to work in Rhino where I had the "photo realistic" tools available. The materials alone made quite a drastic impact on the final product. What I found most useful, however, was the toolbar Rhino had. I was able to accurately model an intravenous tube and have it bend and curve in whichever way I saw fit. I was also able to add tube inputs and outputs on the machines. Before they were just arbitrarily stuck in the sides of my object. I also separated the wheels from the wheel stand to apply a different material for a more authentic look. Finally, I was able to add an image plane to my computer to give it some life. 

For the renders, I added a glossy floor with three point lights. I reduced the shadows on two of the lights to avoid overcrowding the image. I was then able to add a background plane and turn up the brightness of the lights in order to emphasize a white, clean and sleek hospital aesthetic.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Papercraft Prototype: Structural Tests

I began playing guitar when I was fourteen years old. My love for it was back and forth until I started producing music when I was eighteen. This was around the same time I purchased this guitar. It has since been with me for eight years and gone everywhere I have. I have written and recorded many songs on it, even lived across continents with it by my side. I have always told myself that if the apocaplypse came and I could take one material object with me; this guitar would be that object, without a doubt. It was an easy decision for me to choose this for my papercraft project. I knew it would be challenging, but no other ideas came close to competing with this one. I had to do it. In the end, I was quite pleased with how my model in Rhino turned out. However, the papercraft realm was foreign territory for me. I was not sure what to expect or how it would go. The main focus of my first prototype was to test the strucutal integrity. This played a big part in deciding